HUNTING LICENSES ARE NOT AVAILABLE THROUGH THE CLERK'S OFFICE AT THIS TIME. PLEASE CALL WITH ANY QUESTIONS. WE APOLOGIZE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE.
Welcome to the official website for the town of Knox. Located in the Helderberg Mountains in northwestern Albany County NY. Knox is a unique community offering quality rural living located close to the advantages of the cities of Albany, Schenectady and Troy. The nearby Adirondack, Catskill, and Berkshire mountains offer skiers, hikers and climbers world-class recreational facilities. Numerous bodies of water are available for fishing, kayaking and canoeing. Our location at the crossroads of the Northeast allows for easy access to New York City, Boston, and Montreal, all of which are just hours away by car or rail.
We encourage you to tour our town website for updates, scheduled events, and all around access to Knox's information and resources. If you have any comments, questions, or suggestions please let us know by utilizing our Contact us link.
OPEN POISTIONS AVAILABLE
The Town of Knox is looking to fill the following paid & volunteer positions listed below. Anyone interested please email or call Clerk Traci Schanz @ email@example.com or 518-872-2551 ext. 1.
Anyone with questions may contact Supervisor Vas Lefkaditis @ 518-860-6750 (no texts).
Help make a difference locally.
(1) 30 hour/week part-time Handyman ($16.20 / hr.)
(3) Transfer Station Attendee ($13.55 / hr.)
(1) Dog Control Officer ($6,687 / yr.)
(1) Planning Board Member (7 yr. term)
(1) Board of Assessment Review Member (5 yr. term)
(4) Conservation Advisory council Members (2 yr. term)
(2) Board of Ethics Review Members (1 yr. term)
(2) Broadband Committee Members (1 yr. term)
Planning board Meeting